Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sleepy head

It's been a day since the procedure of retrieval, and I'm now at home waiting for the clinic to call if I should go back on Wednesday or Thursday for the implant.

Yesterday we arrived at the clinic at around 9.45am, we didn't want to be late so we were 15 minutes early. We waited like FOREVER outside. I wondered why they didn't prep me earlier inside the ward area. Anyway, we were "checked in" at about 10.50am. I changed to my backside exposing gown (yes, I hate that gown) and had my last pee. At this time, it's already 11.15am, and I was curious why hadn't they asked hubby for his specimen. When the surgical nurse said I should move to the operation room, I asked why wasn't hubby's specimen taken. Then only she asked the other nurse why hasn't it done. Gosh! Thank goodness this is my second time!

When I got onto the cold, air-con blowing operating table, I checked the time again. 11.20am. It was getting cold, I tried to wrap the thermal blanket around my body to keep myself warm - though I know by the time I knocked out they would lift it up again. Then the nurse came to me and put some monitoring equipment on me and tried to - get the needle in for the IV. GREAT! I was pretty sure that with me feeling so freaking cold, surely the veins are going into hiding! And boy oh boy, they are ALL in deep hiding. 2 nurses tried 3 times, nothing... So before long the anesthesia doctor came and did it in ONE poke! Yaye~ I remember saying THANK YOU to him! Haha!

This time the anesthesia doctor is a different one, so even his method is slightly different. After inserting the IV needle, he gave me a jab on antibiotic (he told me so) and then gave me the oxygen mask to breath. Ah~ clean oxygen. It's cooling and clean. Haha! He then gave me the anesthesia via the IV, he told me to keep my eyes open. During which, I said a short prayer and before I can say Amen, I'm down~

When I started to have consciousness, I can hear the nurses talking in a distance. I tried to shake away the dizziness, and tried to move myself but the anesthesia was still very much in control of me. I tried to sleep it off for a while, but it was getting cold. After a couple of minutes, I got better control of myself and I could turn my head and saw the clock was 12.30pm. I think about 5 more minutes, I was ok and could walk myself back to the ward. As I got to the bed, I told hubby I'm cold. So he grabbed the other thermal blanket from the other bed for me + the shawl that I brought along with me.

I rested for about 1.5 hours, and I'm all good and wide awake already. I told hubby we can go now, and that I wanted to go back and sleep on our Heavenly Bed :) Nurse dispensed me one oral medication, and my more dreadful vee-jay-jay Cylogest. Both are to be consumed twice a day, with the Cylogest to be inserted at 11am and 11pm sharp daily. And off we go~

We went to pack lunch - it's already 3pm! Famish me but then when I got home, I couldn't eat much. I could still taste the anesthetic meds in my mouth! Eww, what a taste! I had a little bun with a cup of milo (though I didn't finish the milo) and went to bed. Yawn~ sleepy head needs to rest.

I slept through dinner, so hubby had to pack dinner for me again. I had soupy food, as I wasn't sure if I will have nauseating feeling after food.

Then at 11pm, my first Cyclogest - like before, hubby will do the night job for me :) After inserting it, I will have to be bedridden for at least an hour. Before the hour is up, I fell asleep soundly already :) Sleepy head!

No comments:

Post a Comment