Thursday, March 10, 2011

And there are four of them

Yesterday before the transfer, we meet up with Dr F to talk a bit about the embryos. I was so happy to hear that there are four of them. I would expect Dr F to say let's try 2 and keep 2. He unexpectedly told us to proceed with FOUR!!! Oh my! I have no idea how to react to this.

He said the chances of someone carrying all four to full term is one is twenty. That makes 5%. Ok thats not a very big chances. And that since we tried three before and didn't get any result, let's give four a try.

If by any chance, all four survived the early stage, there is still chances that one or two or maybe even three will not survive. And if all survived and my body is unable to carry them, he might advice terminal of one or two depending on the healthiness of the embryos. Oh wow! I certainly don't want that to happen. I would be happy if all four survived!

And so after a short discussion with Dr F, four is it.

The procedure again depends on how my bladder filled up. The embryos transfer must be done in a full bladder. Once the bladder is full, then Dr F is able to see the lining properly to implant embryos.

Today is he day my bladder decided to fill up slower than usual. I waited inside the operating theatre for one whole hour!! Oh gosh. it was agonising that each time the nurse can in to scan my bladder when the pressed the ultrasound onto my almost full bladder.

At 4pm, it's finally time. The nurses prepared me for the procedure- clean my very private (but soooo exposed) part, strapped my legs, cover my upper body with the blanket, and put this weird looking I-have-no-idea-what-extender-like-clamp on my private (but entirely open for all to see) part. Dr F came in and did a quick scan, acknowledged the biologist about having 4 embryos transfer. And he poke something into me. I can't see nor feel anything. The lights were off. I tried to look at the reflection from the light box right on top of me, but I couldn't see a thing without my glasses!!

When Dr F said it's done, I looked at the clock, it's 4.25pm. Now I had to stay on the operating table for another hour.

The nurse gave me 2 jabs and after that I was allowed to finally pee- while still on the operating table. Feels weird peeing on your back!!!

And so, here goes the story of 4 healthy embryos growing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment