Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm so excited

I'm still soaking on the good news that WE FINALLY MADE IT! I'm still feeling so excited and happy about it. I won't be announcing to my friends just yet until few more weeks. Well, you see we have lotsa old school Chinese believes that still lives on with us. And not telling people yet about our pregnancy till a few months into is one of it. I'm not quite sure why but the reason I'm going agree with this old school of thought is that my pregnancy is still very new and anything can happen.

Now that the fairy dust has settled, let me recollect what happen on one of the biggest day of my life!

This morning, hubby and I both woke up early because I need to get my blood tested. When I got up, I took another stick and did the test and is still positive. Great news I thought.

After our breakfast, hubby made me yummy half boiled egg, we were off to the clinic. While at the clinic, we decided to let me walk over to the Gribbles lab. Boy oh boy~ today my vein were on the shy side. The lab technician/nurse tried SOOOOO hard to find my vein. When she finally got it, my blood flow was really low and slow. In the end, she only managed 1unit instead of 3units of blood. She told me to wait while she put the blood sample to spin in the machine. I dreaded that she will have to do it again. After about 5 minutes, she said ok. Phew! What a relief!!

Before heading home, we decided to make a pit stop at BMW to pay up Hubby's car down payment and received news that my Mini Countryman is not available in Black. I had to choose between red and coffee. I avoided red and in the end we are getting the red.

Then we got home, and it's time for Cyclogest. I wanted to take a nap but in the end I didn't. Maybe too excited about the result that my brain was too active and cannot be shut down.

Ok... here to go... the moment of truth. When we arrived back at the clinic at about 1.30pm, there was no other patient. Good so my turn is up soon then. When we went into Dr F room, no facial expression from him. As he flipped through my chart and showed me my blood test I saw 563!!!!! We all let out a sign of relief and maybe some cheers:) 563 is WAY better than 4!! I confessed to Dr F that I couldn't resist it and did the stick. Hahahaha he promptly said "I knew it!" with a laugh. We all laughed. Yaye!! So happy. Dr F told me to return in 2 weeks and by then we can tell how many. but 563 is hard to tell if it's single or multiple. If it's at 1000 then higher chances of getting multiple pregnancy. He prescribed me with more Cyclogest, Progynova, Calcium pills an Folic Acid pills.

As my name was called by the nurse to pick up my meds, they were just as excited as me. I'm sure they are as nervous as me! This time we left the clinic- PREGNANT! Yaye!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment