Friday, October 15, 2010

:(

It's not a happy day for me. I've prepared for the worst, and yes the worst is coming true. I had a blood test this morning to measure my hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) level, the lab says >2 is positive but I'm only at 4. Dr F said that at this point of time, I should be showing 25. So, I'm way way way down below. He said the hCG probably did spike and it's now on the falling level, which means the embryos did not stay "stuck" I wish Dr F would say, "Let me give you a jab to boost it." He said in this case, even the hCG surges, it's not normal. This will mean abnormal embryo growth. So, I guess there is nothing can be done.

Dr F was probably surprised by our coolness in this whole thing. Well, I guess I have prepared for the worse and I didn't expect it to definitely happen though it would have been nice... So what's next.

I will now have to wait for my period to come which should be coming within this week. Otherwise I'll have to go see him again. I will then see him again after 2-3 periods, i.e. January next week probably. This time the procedure remains pretty much the same, he will have to give me additional Growth Hormone to compliment the next cycle of treatment... So I guess I'll definitely fail any dope test if I were to suddenly become a professional athletic!

Anyway... signing off for now until the next cycle begins again...

No comments:

Post a Comment