Monday, November 21, 2011

This is how sleeplessness feels like

I finally got a taste of sleeplessness today. Last night was only 2 hours of sleep and for the rest of the day I didn't get to take any nap at all.

He was so well behaved in his feeding last night but this morning he is cranky again. Everyone has been telling me to teach him to differentiate day from night by having lights on in the room during the day. I know this is good advice but I personally think its too early to do too many trainings at a night. And this is probably the root to my sleeplessness.

What I will do from now on is introducing to him: there will only be a feed every 3 hours. Even if he started to make noises or cries, I will try to wait for the feed at 3-hour mark.

When hubby is around, I will let him make the formula while I try my best to let him suck- which until now hasn't been successful. I know I have milk because both my breast are tender and sore. But there is just no way in getting them out no matter how I try - baby sucking, manual squeeze and breast pump.

His feedings are still irregular in terms of timing and amount. I need to get the rhythm right until I work on other stressful training. Otherwise, I'm just chewing more than I can bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment