Saturday, November 26, 2011

Now that I recall

17 November 2011 - one of the most significant days of our lives. This day marks the day where our dream comes through. Our dream of being a parent.

How it happen...

1.20am - First sign on the "show" during my toilet break. Tried to go back to sleep but the backache kept me awake most of the time

6.30am - Another toilet break where the "show" continued.

9.30am - Time to get out of bed and washed up. More "show" making appearance.

9.58am - Called the clinic to update my backache and informing about the arrival of the show. Nurse said she will call back. Woke hubby up to get ready to go clinic or hospital.

10.26am - Dr F called and spoke for like 2 minutes and decided that "it is time!!!" Told hubby it's time to grab the hospital bag! We steadily got dressed and grab the bags and off we went.

11.10am - Clinic called and said that Dr F had arrived the hospital and was waiting for us. How did he get there faster than us!!!

11.15am - Arrived the hospital (finally after missing the turn off). Dr F waited for us in the hospital lobby. We registered ourselves. The administrative staff told us only the 6-7 beds ward is available! No way I'm going to share with other patients! We asked them about the top floor where the suites are. We were lucky to have toured the hospital weeks before and were shown the suites! In the beginning they told us 4th floor is not open. But we insisted that they check with the administrator about the suites! A lady came out and told them to let us have one of the suites! Yes!! Thank goodness we were prepared!

11.35am - We finally got ourselves registered and checked in. We were brought up to our suite in top floor of the hospital. It wasn't in use so the nurses were just getting the bed ready for me. They gave me a hospital gown to change into and prep me.

12.05pm- I was wheeled into the operating theatre. I remembered the time because I asked hubby what time it is right before arriving the OT. We bid each other "see you" and I am on my own now.

The nurses seemed to me they are rushing things around like it was an emergency! Well maybe it kinda was. Dr F greeted me together with the Anesthesiologist (Can't recall his name - all I remembered about him was he said he can't speak Mandarin). He told
me to sit up on the operating table so that he could administer the half body anesthesia through the back of my spine. And he warned me that it was going to be painful. As he jabbed me, I felt a prick and it wasn't as painful as I thought it might have been. The Anesthesiologist commented that I was good and that I didn't scream of pain. Dr F was there and he knew that I had worst and is probably not afraid of needles anymore. And yes he was right.

After they lay me down for about 10 seconds I started to lose feelings on my toes. I couldn't move them anymore. And the nurses raised a curtain that blocked my view of my soon to be opened up tummy.

12.44pm - I probably lost all feelings in the next 10 seconds because I recalled that I soon heard baby's crying!! I was like, "oh ok! That's fast." After that it was a bit of a blur for me. Did they put me under first or did they bring the baby to me?

When the nurse brought our little warrior to me, I was kinda blur but I clearly remember the cute little face all bundled up. The nurse let me kissed the baby and I was so happy. Now that I recall, the first word I said to him was "Hello" :) I was quite surprised that I didn't cry! Maybe because everything happened so fast that the emotion had no time to hit me.

And after seeing the baby, I think that's when I was put under. By the time I was up, Dr F came by to say everything is done.

I was soon wheeled out. Hubby was already standing outside waiting for me.

Before 1pm and I'm back to my room. Hubby must have been busy messaging and calling everyone while I rested.

After I rested for a while, the nurse brought little Andrew to my room and
let us took out first picture with him. (Will update with picture later)

It had been quite a journey for us. Little
Andrew is our pride and our joy, our pain and happiness... he is our everything now.

No comments:

Post a Comment