Friday, March 30, 2012

Sleeping through the night

I'm glad that little Andrew is back to sleeping through the night. He now sleeps by 9pm-ish and wakes up for a feed between 5am-7am and will head back to bed for another 2-3 hours before I give him a morning bath.

I'm so happy that little Andrew is able to sleep through the night already. I've heard from friends that their babies don't sleep through the night until they are 10 months old or even 1 year old!!

Did I really train him to sleep through the night? Nope not really. I didn't let the sun shines into the room during the day, nor did I purposely put up noises for the day to teach him the difference between day and night. I think the baby's job is to grow an not stress about day time or night time.

The only thing I did was letting baby wear short rompers during the day and long sleepsuits during the night. Other than that, the curtains were drawn 24 hours and even I sleep all the time! I need to sleep during my confinement so I didn't care if it was day or night, I sleep as much as I can. And I let the baby be and sleep whenever he wants.

Once his stomach and body clock is ready, he will miss one feed at night by the time little Andrew is 1.5 months. And by the time he is 2 moths old, he sleeps through the night occasionally. By the third months, he is already sleeping through the night!

Lucky me? Or maybe because baby is formula fed kept him full for longer time and he is more regulated by it. I admire all mommies out there who breastfeed and had to wake up every 2 hours to breastfeed for the longest period.

No comments:

Post a Comment