Tuesday, March 27, 2012

First purée

On 25 March, little Andrew had his first taste of apple purée! And he seems to be loving it!

I made the purée with my new toy- Beaba Babycook! It can be used to defrost, reheat, boil/steam and blend baby portion :) It's really easy to use.

I first boiled the diced apple then blended it to fine purée. It was watery and not too chunky since this is baby's first time. The purée was still hot so I had to let it cool a bit. But I didn't want it to be too cool so at least it is just like his milk (temperature).

I decided to give him the purée 30 minutes before his next milk. So he won't be too hungry and ended up not trying it at all.

So by 7.30pm, he was ready and so is everyone! I sat him in my lap for the feed and in went the first mouth - NO REJECTION!!! Woohoo!!! Success!

Unfortunately I have no idea how much did I feed him! :D I didn't really read the units on the side of the container I fed little Andrew with. I think I should start noting down how much I gave him.

At first he was just licking the spoon but after a few spoon, he was so gullible. He couldn't wait and moved his head forward before my spoon reached his mouth! Hahaha! Oh yes! He is definitely loving it!

It was messy (in his face and clothes) because we didn't have a bib. I totally forgotten about getting the bib. (We bought one the next day!)

I would say baby's first "meal" was a success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment