Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tummy Time

I previously blog about little Andrew sleeping on his tummy (http://antheama.blogspot.com/2011/12/sleeping-on-tummy.html?m=1). Now to follow up on what happen after that...

He never sleeps on his tummy ever again. I'm not sure why but he is just not one that sleeps on his tummy.

Older folks kept telling me that sleeping in the tummy means baby can sleep longer and will sleep through the night faster. But I don't need sleeping on the tummy for little Andrew to sleep longer or through the night sooner. He already is doing great. He started sleeping through when he turned 2 months old. So I think he is alright.

I didn't want to force him to do things that will agitate him. I let him lead the way, he will pace himself and whenever he is ready he is ready. If I ever force him to do things the way I want, he is going to hate it even more. So baby steps and he might just surprise us! Just like how he got to steady his head now. He was wobbly for 2-3 days and the next thing you know, he got the hang of it!

I haven't done much of tummy time on the bed with little Andrew. Up until now he still doesn't like tummy time. Not sure if it will be better if I do it on the floor but I need something on the floor to keep him safe/warm/clean. He can't be doing it ON the floor... so I'm thinking of getting one of those foaming alphabet floor mat for him.

Is it really important to have tummy time? If he doesn't is it really going to hinder his motor skill development? I'm not sure.

I'm really not too keen to force Andrew to do tummy time. Let's see what his doctor says when we see him next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment