Friday, December 9, 2011

Scald my pinky

It is still a blur how did I scald my pinky. I was pouring the hot water from the Termos to the milk bottle and it took me a tad too long to realised that hot water running down my left pinky.

I was so slow in reacting in a way that I didn't just drop everything on risk scaring Andrew, I actually went "Ouch!" then slowly put down the Termos and the milk bottle.

With my limited First Aid knowledge, I could only think of running my pinky through the tap water. But it was just excruciating painful!!!! Then I put on some toothpaste - did so with limited First Aid knowledge as well. After while removing the toothpaste, there was no easing of the pain from the scalding.

The little pinky needed half a day to ease the pain and felt better now after a whole day. I was certainly difficult to take care of the little pinky with Andrew around needed to be fed and changed. But I embraced the pain with gusto and life goes on.

First Aid note to self: Run scald skin to running tap water. It should reduce the soreness temporarily. No blistering is good sign! And always be careful when handling hot water especially now that Andrew is around!

No comments:

Post a Comment