Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baby poo

Have you seen any baby first poo? I have, well on video that is. Hubby was videoing on how the nurse bath little Andrew (just in case we got it wrong). And when the nurse opened up Andrew's diaper, the sight was overwhelming and boy was I surprised!!! It's dark greenish blackish poo!!!! Immediately I thought to myself, OMG, how am I suppose to clean up that sh*t!!! Yes it was quite a sight that kind of scar me with diaper change.

The dark greenish blackish poo is called meconium, poo that had been building up in his intestines during pregnancy. When Dr K came for rounding in my ward, I asked him how long it will be in that colour. He said every baby varies, some 3 days, some up to a week. After all the meconium is passed out, the poo will turn yellowish.

I remember our first diaper change. I was prepared for the worst! The moment I opened the diaper, TADA! Poo in yellow! Thank goodness! And he yellow is not as stinky as I thought, though others (hubby, sis & mom) will say otherwise.

And now Andrew's poo has been quite a nuisance (in a way) for him and me. He only poo once a day and he has such tough time trying to poo that I had to coach him to poo. This happens in the afternoon most of the time (well, that is so far the trend).

He will either not go back to sleep after his morning bath and feed, or he will have cat naps throughout the day. Cat naps because he will make noises and become cranky (cry his lungs out) after 30 minutes into his nap. And it will take quite a feat to sooth him when he wakes.

I know for sure it's the poo problem because after all is released, he will be such an angel and sleep through at least 2-3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment