Friday, May 20, 2011

I've got to pee

I know when you are pregnant, the frequency to use the bathroom automatically increased by many many folds. I tried not to drink too much water at night so I won't need to wake up so much in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. But last night... oh boy oh boy oh boy... Even when I didn't drink much water, I had to wake up every 2 hours to pee!

Why so much pee... Apparently, it's due to the hormonal changes that cause blood to flow more quickly through your kidneys, filling your bladder more often. And over the course of the pregnancy, the amount of blood in mummy's body increases. This leads to lots more extra fluid getting processed through the kidneys and ending up in the bladder.

And eventually when the baby grows inside, the pressure on the bladder is not helping you to hold you pee-pee in.

But why some will pee more at night? Well, I read that it's because as you lie down in bed, he fluid that you retained in your legs and feet during the day makes its way back into your bloodstream and eventually into your bladder. Yaye to more liquid heading your bladder way!

No comments:

Post a Comment