Thursday, August 18, 2011

Leg cramps

Ok I finally succumbed to my first leg cramp during pregnancy on the morning of 16 August. I heard and read so many times that preggers will suffer from leg cramps ALL the time. I'm not sure if there is any "normal time frame" where you should start having cramps, but I got mine at week 25.

I was so sure that I can escape another pregnancy symptoms quietly, sigh.... I woke up with the worst leg cramp ever! Well, in fact, I've never had a cramp from waking up before!! I'm not sure if the cramp is caused by too much walking in the day or I slept in one position for too long in the night that the blood circulation was poor.

The cramp I had was at the fibular muscle (the calf muscle), it was tight when it happened. So all I had to do was stretched the muscle, meaning try to move your feet towards you. I had to hold on to the position for a good minute for so and after which I had to ask hubby to give me a little massage (what a good excuse for morning massage!!!) so I could get out of bed. Otherwise, I think I would be limping around the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment