Friday, August 26, 2011

All is good

Last night at about 8pm, my little one is back to his normal hard kicking days and boy am I glad he did. Hahaha... I have been warned about days ahead when he will start kicking into your ribs. But I think I am ok with that as long as he is showing signs that he is ok and he is still with me.

I know half a day of scare is nothing, well, this is part of being a first time mommy right? My sis and a good friend both assured me that all is good. He's probably sleeping in his favourite position or that he has grown so big that my tummy is not catching up fast enough so he has less room to move about. I'm really glad that they are both right!

Besides 8pm kick, he had his midnight exercise as well. And he is now back to his normal schedule. In fact, his awake time is becoming more erratic. Hmm... I wonder if he's a fussy sleeper.

Talking about sleep... I find it more and more difficult to sleep at night. Whenever I side-sleep, I felt that I'm pressing against my tummy even if I have pillow underneath. And after a while, I would get rib muscle pain and I had to turn. Sometimes unknowingly, I would wake up on my back. I actually like sleeping on my back, but if I'm on this position too long, I will have backache the next morning. The Flopsy is now mainly used to support my back whenever I side sleep on my left. Then sometimes I would steal hubby's bolster for a little comfort hug :) Like Dr F said, it's going to get worse as I progress. I guess waking up in the middle of the night twice helps me to change my sleep position since I can't stay on one position for too long. (Oh yes, I get up twice, once at 2.30am-3.00am and another 5.30am - my bladder is like a clockwork!!)

Until now, I'm enjoying my pregnancy moment to the fullest. After all this is one precious pregnancy that took us to quite a journey physically and mentally. I shall savour every month, I shall keep writing, I shall document every itsy bitsy little thing!

To all preggers out there, enjoy the moment & have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment