Thursday, July 21, 2011

Growing Feet

I had my puberty more than 15 years ago and no one ever told me that my shoe size is gonna grow with my belly! I can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy shoes again! I have been wearing this pair of slippers everywhere I go, it's just so comfortable to wear!

I bought a pair of shoes that is one size bigger but it's not very comfy to wear too long hours - the feeling of squeezed toes aren't that very pleasant. I've got to find me open toes or sandals, the closed toes aren't all that comfy to wear anymore.

I wonder if this is just temporarily or it's gonna be permanent after birth.. and so I read and came to this conclusion: IT IS PERMANENTLY BIGGER!

It is because during pregnancy, there will be weight gain and swelling from the extra fluid your body retains while you're pregnant - called Edema. Then there is this pregnancy hormone relaxi which loosens the joints around the pelvis in preparation of the birth canal that also looses the ligaments in the feet causing them to spread. It's not really growing per se just "widening."

The swelling will go away after birth, but the loosen ligament will stay in the loosen form forever... So which means I either embrace the bigger sized feet or live with a bind feet hoping that they will go back to my old size. Thank goodness I don't own any Jimmy Choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment