Thursday, September 23, 2010

Understanding my jab meds

As mentioned in earlier posting, I have 3 types of jab meds daily. In the morning, I have Suprefact Buserelin, Gonal-f and Menopur. Then in the afternoon, I have my Buserelin again.

My dosage for Suprefact Buserelin is 0.02ml each time. The active ingredient of Buserelin, which is a type of medicine known as a gonadorelin (LHRH) analogue. It reacts to the pituitary gland in the brain - where it stores various hormones, including the LH (Luteinising Hormone - surges when the follicles mature and subsequently contributes to the release of the egg from the ovary) & FSH. In this case, the LHRH is used to control the release of both LH & FSH hormones.

My dosage of Gonal-f starts at 300IU/0.5ml for the first 4 days, and now increased to 375IU, which is 0.625ml for the next 3 days. The Gonal-f contains pure FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone - used in the development of follicles).

And lastly the Menopur. This is slightly complicated... I need to inject 2 bottles of Menopur everyday. Each contains 75IU of FSH and 75IU of LH, and since it comes in powder form, it requires insulin to dilute. I normally inject 0.30ml into each Menopur container, and I'll get about 0.55ml of liquified Menopur.

The amount or dosage of hormone injection varies from person to person. My first cycle was underestimated, and the dosage was already different. So, this is NOT a guide to anyone as a dosage intake but rather the understanding of what I am injecting myself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment