Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dating my Gonal-F

Gonal-F is very expensive and I have to use one whole pen each time. During my IUI, I only need to administer 75IU, but now I have to use up the whole pen of 300IU! And so far, I have used more than 10! Yes, IVF is expensive.

Since it is expensive, I was told by Dr F that there are always "leftover" in the Gonal-F pen. I never realise it until then. So, whenever I finished one pen, I had to keep the pen and bring whatever I have with me to the clinic during my next visit. So the nurse can extract and collect the leftovers from the pen, and put it into a syringe. The other time, the nurse extracted 3 leftover pens which equivalent to ONE new Gonal-F!

I have 8 with me now, and will be going to see the doctor in a short while!

Oh and also, I keep track on the date I've used them. I wouldn't want to use back a pen that is dated like a year ago! So I always stick a sticker to the plunger and "date" my Gonal-F.

No comments:

Post a Comment