Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another painful outing...

Today is routine check up after administering N number of jabs. During the scan, Dr F found 3 tiny follicles growing on the right, and nothing on the left yet. And the best news is, the cyst is gone! Yaye!!

So I am now on new dosage of same meds for jab: 2x a day for Buserelin (0.02), Gonal-F (375IU) & Menopur (150IU). This new dosage is for the next 2 days and I will return for another scan on Friday to see if more follicles are growing. And with the slow growing rate, Dr F said the pick up date might be slightly delayed- which is fine, as long as the follicles are growing at the good rate and healthy.

And today is blood test day~ Arh... How dreadful each time I was told that there will be a blood test. This is a test call E2 - which I have no idea what is it.. HAHA... Anyway, nurse tried to draw blood from my left wrist but the needle just couldn't penetrate the vein. Sigh~ It was still bearable. Then the nurse and I decided that I should just myself to the Gribbles lab opposite. So far their success rate has been perfect - Ace at first serve. But this time... the technician couldn't find the vein at all!!! So she had to draw from my right hand, right above my index finger. NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO~~~~ What happen to perfect score!!!! Sigh~ She did warn me it's gonna be painful... She gave me 2 seconds to breath in, and POKE and OOOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHHH!!! As she pulled the plunger, the blood slowly filled up the container. But after like 2 seconds, the flow stopped! OH NO!!! She had to "move" the needle (SUPER OUCH!) so the blood can continue to flow. Sigh~~ PAIN~~~ and she pulled out the needle, another BIG OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness I am not afraid of needle, otherwise I would have screamed so loud that the whole plaza can hear me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment