Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is today THE day? (30/12/2009)

My appointment is scheduled at 10am (my usual time) and I guess it will be another doctor, since my lovely Dr F is on leave...

As soon as we reached, there is already a patient waiting to see the doctor. I'm finally seeing PATIENTS! During my first 2 visits, there was hardly anyone else at the clinic! As soon as I registered, I asked for my pee container.. heheh... This morning, I didn't pee as I knew I had to do urine test again. So this morning, no problemo with the pee! (Smart me)

Not long after that, it's my turn to see new doctor - Dr S. As I was seated down, Dr S went through my file again - read about the fibroids, the surgery, the cysts, etc. Ok, after that scan time!

Ok, the follicle is bigger now. And Dr S only saw one -which is the huge big black dot stuck in between the cysts. It was 14mm, today it's 16.5mm. Still not quite big enough yet!

After the scan, Dr S said that the test shows "Negative" - this is for the urine test to detect the LS hormone to see if the egg has been released yet. Oh ok... So I still have to wait till 1Jan, and I will see Dr F again! Woohoo~

But... yes, there is a but.... Since the follicle is in between the 2 cysts, it might eventually post problems during pregnancy. Dr S said that I should have got it removed before we embark on the IUI... I was confused! Dr C and Dr F never mention about that!! Dr S also painted a not-so-rosy picture, that eventually when pregnancy progress, it might rupture the cysts or even ovary!!!! TIME OUT!!! This is not good. He suggested that since we have already started the process for IUI, we should go ahead this time. But... yes, again another BUT... (sigh) the risk of having to rupture the uterus is there or eventually the cysts might turn their position then it will result in bleeding or even miscarriage.

So far, nothing is rosy from Dr S in fact it kinda scares us off...

Since he said that we should still go ahead with the IUI, but it is not time yet (the urine test shows negative on LS), I will have to come back again on the 1 January. YES! I thought to myself, Dr F will be back!

Hubby and I were thinking - if this IUI is unsuccesful, then we will go ahead with the laprascopy to remove the cysts. After all the healing then we will engage on the next step - maybe IVF instead of IUI. But we will have to wait and see and talk to Dr F again to see what are our options.

I find it a bit uncomfortable having to "change" a doctor in the midst of my IUI treatment. I know they are all good doctors, but the level of trust or comfort is just not there. I certainly hope Dr F won't go on leave when I'm due to see him...

No comments:

Post a Comment