Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On my own for the first time (22/12/2009)

Today is the first day I had to jab myself. In my mind, I tried to recall what the nurse taught me step by step... First, make sure the dial is at 75, put in the needle, pull the dial, swap, pinch, then jab, and count, and RELEASE... Piece of cake right? WRONG!

I followed the steps accordingly, until the part where you JAB. Half way into my tummy fat, OUCH~ with the needle still half way sticking into my tummy fat, I paused for almost 5 seconds! I wasn't sure if I was doing it right - there was no pain yesterday, but why the pain today! But I had to do it, so I toughen myself to just jab it in. Then count backward 10... 9........... 0... RELEASE! What a relief.

There was no pain after the jab, I guess it's just me psychologically feeling the super pain magnified when I see the needle piercing through my skin.

So my routine starts, 8am - JAB, 9am - MED, 8pm - MED... This will continue until Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment