Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A new journey begins... (21/12/2009)

In preparation for today, I had my fibroids removed in March. And only to found 2 additional cysts in October. After running some test, Doc says everything is fine and that we should start considering fertility treatment. But we were soon moving from KL to JB.

We decided it was too troublesome if we had to continue treatment, since I can only make appointment on the day one of my mensus. Thankfully, TMC - the same medical center I visit in KL has a branch here in JB. At first I was skeptical because I've gotten used to Doc.

Nonetheless, we went to TMC to check out the facility here in JB. Only to found that it is located in a no-man-land! Hahaha... It's a clinic located in one of the office plaza. However, at the same floor or the clinic, it was total darkness! There was absolutely no other shop there! With a heavy heart, we walked into the clinic. Again, there was no other patients waiting in line! I am so accustomed to having to wait at least an hour or 2 to see Doc. After registering myself, it's my turn already (not like there is any other people in line).

As I stepped into the consultation room, new Doc welcomed me into the room. After the customary introduction, new Doc said I had to do a vjj scan - on my 2nd day of mensus. New Doc said not to worry, everything will be fine, it's ok... he assured me well.

After the scan, new Doc started explaining in details about the treatment - Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). This is a proceduere where the placement of sperm in the uterus for the purpose of enhancing the chance for pregnancy. This will involve oral medication and daily self-injection. Unfortunately, we were travelling so we had to put off the procedure to another month.

Well, with the outcome of the first visit, at least I get to be more comfortable with new Doc - I shall call him Doc F. He has more time for patients where he will explain this in detailed. I felt more comforting hearing from Dr F and from the nurses.

A month has past... on 21 December, I went back to see Dr F. And on this day, hubby and I started a new journey. Dr F said to go about with everything I do as usual, no need to change any lifestyle just yet... And so, the nurse showed me on how to inject myself -for the next 5 days. The injection pen is pretty cool I must say.. Hahaha... (picture will come later).

The Puregon injection pen already contains my 5 days of dosage - 1 jab, 1 dosage. I had to jab on alternate side of my belly (about an inch away from my belly button) for the next 5 days. Nurse told me I do as she said... First, make sure the dial is at "75" and this is your daily dosage. Then remove the cap from the pen and insert the disposable needle. Thank goodness the needle is no more than half an inch and it was the tiniest needle I've ever seen. Swap the surface with the accompanies wipes. Then PINCH my tummy fat HARD (ouch!), then then then.... slowly jab yourself. I paused for a moment, wasn't too sure if I could do it. Hubby is probably already pale, and about to passed out. After a moment, I toughen myself to JAB INTO MY TUMMY FAT.

Muahahahha... it wasn't as painful as I thought. Phew, piece of cake! Nurse then said to pull it out after counting backwards from 10. So... 10... 9... 8... 7... (gosh this is slow) 6... 5... 4... 3... (almost there,breath) 2... 1... Take it out quick!!! But again nurse said, have to slowly take it out. Oh man~ another couple of seconds of endurance test!

And DONE, that's it! I did it! Hubby can now breath! Looks like I had to do it myself for the next 4 days! Ah well, I'm ok with needles. I'm a brave girl! With the jab, I only have one oral medication - Clomid.

Oh... by the way, Dr F said both these medications are to assist me during my follicle stage so that I have healthy and strong eggs.

And so 21 December is a date I will remembered as the day hubby and I started a new journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment