Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year - and today is THE day! (1/1/2010)

Happy New Year 2010!

We were out for fireworks display in Singapore - and to our disappointment it could have been better rather than the usual bang-bang, even the frequency of the fireworks are slow. But I'm glad we went on a "spontaneous" quickie outing to Singapore!

Anyway... This morning's appointment was slightly earlier than usual. So we head out to the clinic early today. Usual routine - PEE... Gosh! I have NO PEE!!!!! I sat in the bathroom for a couple of minutes, no pee!!! So, I came out, drank 2 glass full of water. After a while, I tried to go into the bathroom to try to squeeze out any pee that I have. Well, it did, but it was like 10 drops of it! Haha... Even with that little pee, I returned the container to the nurse. She said it was good enough! Phew!!!!!!!!! I couldn't possibly pee again!!

Dr F is back - so happy! When I had my follicle scan, I can clearly see the follicle has shrunk - Dr F was surprised too. He commented that there was some fluid in my uterus - which he said it meant I had ovulated. BUT, as we sat back down at his workstation, my urine test showed NEGATIVE. Hmmm... so have I or have I not. Dr F said that the peak of the hormone surge for 24hours, so it is possible that either I ovulated this morning and the hormone is not high enough for detection OR I ovulated yesterday already.

So Dr F said to go ahead with the IUI today. So so so... today is THE DAY!! Before we left the room, Dr F said I had to have a full bladder for the IUI procedure. Hmmm.. interesting...

Hubby had to submit his specimen *ahem, while I wait outside. Then the lab will have "wash the sperm" to prepare for IUI. This process takes about an hour, so we waited at the clinic. Since Dr F said I had to have a full bladder for the procedure, I kept drinking after each time I visited the bathroom.

After about an hour, the nurse told me to empty my bowel and then drink 1.5 cups of water - which I obliged. Then nurse brought me the procedure room and I had to lie down for 5-10 minutes and she will come back again to check my bladder.

10minutes went pass, nurse came in and did an ultrasound and said that my bladder is not full enough. "Another 10 more minutes," she said. Another 10 minute came and gone, she came in again to check, still not enough! Hmmm... I was curious why must my bladder be full to perform the IUI. She showed me my ultrascan, she said "the white line must be like this (her palm showed an almost 150degree slant), so doctor can see your uterus to perform the procedure." Oh ok, fine. So I waited for another good 15mintues this time (yes, I was keeping track of my time), another nurse came in and did the ultrasound scan. She asked if my bladder is full, I said "Yes, and I need to pee very badly." She then allow me to take a leak - literrally, I can only pee a bit.... Oh my this is tough! When I was in the bathroom, I almost had the urge to EMPTY MY BLADDER! I did my best to "pee a bit."

When I came back, the nurse did the scan, she said, "Oh, have to wait a bit more. Still cannot see properly." I was like, "Heck! Then don't ask me to pee lah!" She said this time 5-10minutes more should be ok. FINE~~ I went back to my place, laid down (mind you half naked and covered with a thin pieace of cloth, with aircon blowing at me). After 5 minutes, it felt like I HAD TO PEE again!!!! Gosh!!! The nurse came and scan and not to my surprise, not full enough and guess what - another 5-10minutes! Oh heck................. speechless...........

It was getting colder, and I STRONGLY need to PEE BADLY!!! 10minutes passed, and no sign of nurse. I got down on the bed, pace around the area (butt naked) for at least another half an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES, I HAD TO PEE!!!!

Finally Dr F came, saw me pacing around asked if I had to pee. I said YES!!! He asked if I can hold on, I asked if the procedure is going to be very long. He said just a short 1-2minutes. Oh heck.... LET'S DO IT!

As I went up on the bed, the climb made me wanna pee so badly!!

Anyway, Dr F started the procedure in no time. I actually wasn't looking at anything, I just close my eyes braving myself not to pee on Dr F's face! I could feel a little sensation of pricking pain, but I couldn't be bothered. I kept bracing myself, telling myself not to pee, hold the pee.

And Dr F was right, it was no more than 2 minutes and it was done. He said that I should stay in bed for another 10-15minutes. I almost wanna cry!! So I stayed in bed, but I REALLY CANNOT HOLD MY PEE ANYMORE. All in all, I held onto my pee for the last 1.5hours!!!!

Nurse came and checked on me, if I'm ok. I told her I really CANNOT HOLD MY PEE ANYMORE, and PLEASE LET ME GO PEE!!!!! She insisted I can't, so... she gave me the urinal pan to pee in the bed... The instant she left it underneath my buttock, I PEED - none stop for a good 5 minutes I think!! What a feeling! Such a relief!

After that I still had to stay in bed for another 30minutes. The nursed allowed hubby into the procedure room to accompany me. So I told hubby about my dire need to pee and that I wasn't sure what did Dr F just did to me - I was too distracted by my urge to pee.

After all is over, I got up and the nurse dispensed me some medication and we left for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment