Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nappy rash

On Monday we were out for shopping and I kind of went crazy overboard with shopping for baby's clothings :)

After I went crazy and it was time for early dinner. Little Andrew was seated in the baby chair and I let him have apple juice and a cookie. Then he was satisfied for a while but soon after he was becoming restless. And I found that his romper was kinda wet.

I quickly brought him to change his diaper and romper only to found out he pooped in his diaper >.< It must have been in there for quite a while. I changed his diaper before we left home so it's at least 3 hours already!!!! Little Andrew would never poo without making noise so I was caught by surprised. Anyway, after this incident, little Andrew got nappy rash!!!

It's been good 7+ months and sigh... I never bring any diaper rash cream out so I had to rush to Mothercare and bought the Bud's Nappy Rash Rescue Cream. I used it for 2 days and not much of improvement.

So I started to use the Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm. On the second day, it seems to have improve. I hope it will continue to get better.

After this episode, I have become more vigilant about checking on baby's diaper. Today little Andrew managed to poo in the potty again.

I realised that if it is time to go, he will sit there willingly and do his business. But if there isn't anything to poo, he will make so much noise and won't sit still even for a minute! As soon as it is the right timing, he will straighten his legs and go "mmmmmmnnnggg" and push! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment