Sunday, July 8, 2012

Infertility taboo

Before I have Andrew, I hated it when people around me kept asking about when is junior coming. Before knowing my infertility problem, I dreaded being asked. After knowing, it just hated it and sometimes despise the person for being insensitive.

Do you ask because you really care or just for the sake of asking? If you know a couple who are married for more than 10 years and still no sign of kid, have you ever consider that the couple is keen in telling you that they are having infertility problem or they never plan to have kids. Because either way, you will have more questions like, "Why?" or "How come?" or even telling you what you should have done.

If you have no infertility problem, you might not feel embarrassed or stressed. But to people who are quietly suffering, we always hated it. I have made it a point for a very long time not to ask- even to my closest friends or my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment