Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 35 only?


Everyday I'm counting down to 20.11.2011. Everyday I'm wishing that it's 20.11.2011. I wanted to wait as long as I can but it seems that every task seems to become Mission Impossible.

Last week we went to the clinic for our 2-weeks checkup and everything is perfect. The little has moved himself downward and is head down and is ready come out anytime now. He weighs 2.3kg and we still don't get to see his face. I guess it will have to wait until 20.11.2011.

Ever since the day he moved into position, I've had 3 nights of indigestion/heartburn/acid reflux - whatever you want to call it. And it had to happen right after dinner! Starting tonight, I will change my dinner consumption to something even lighter. I ate lesser at night already and now, I'm cutting rice from dinner, just to test water. Tonight will either be porridge or soup noodle. Let's see if this will help.

Last night, I also discovered a new sleeping position. I had this urge to burp non-stop whenever I lay down to sleep at night, and I would feel so uncomfortable that I had to twist and turn for an hour to finally end up sleeping on my back. So what I did last night was putting a really thick pillow behind me (horizontally across my head), and one more Tempur pillow vertically (to support my neck and shoulder) and then one more tiny beads Muji pillow (to support my lower back). I actually fell asleep pretty fast (by my pregnancy standard), until I had to wake up at about 4.30am to use the toilet. Hmmm... seems to be working. I didn't feel nausea or super urge to burp non-stop or the sensation of something stuck behind my throat, I restored back to sleeping on my back and gave it a try, and it worked! I slept until this morning! Hmmm... I should give this combination a few nights of try. If this fails, I might have to resolve into sleeping on the "throne."


No comments:

Post a Comment