Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Indigestion/ Heartburn/ Acid Reflux

Something that plagues every pregger - it is bound to happen at least once throughout the pregnancy. I probably had at most 3 times prior to this attack.

I always thought that I will get it more often than the handful which I am truly happy about.

I have been very careful not to get myself into trouble because I know how much I hated it. And I normally take my medication as soon as I have the slightest sign of indigestion flaring up.

I swear by Gaviscon tablets. I first had them when we were traveling in the UK and find it compatible with me and I don't mind the chewable mini tablets. But I can not find the same mini tablets here in Malaysia and Singapore. I hate to sip on the liquid ones so when I saw they have on the shelves the bigger tablets I bought quite a stock of it - this happens right about we found out we are pregnant.

Come to think of it, I had more indigestion during the injections period of the IVF treatment than throughout the pregnancy so far!

Oh back to Gaviscon... I would Chee one tablet and drink a bit of water to see if it eases me. Sometimes one is enough. If it doesn't do any good after say 30minutes, I'll go for second tablet. Usually 2 is all my tummy needs to ease the indigestion. And then drink up some warm water and sit up. Never get into the bed and stay down. It gets worst. So as I blog, I'm seated up in our room, on my favourite "throne" - a nice recliner that hubby bought for me from Ikea after my fibroid removal surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment