Friday, September 30, 2011

Stretch Mark

Ah~ Stretch mark, one of the most dreadful thing that a pregnant woman feared the most. Though it is something cosmetic, it is unfortunately one of the most common "side effect" of pregnancy.

Mine did not appear until way after my half way mark if I remember correctly. In the beginning even way before my tummy started growing big, I had itch all over my tummy area - sign of stretching starting! So every day and night I would apply the Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil all over my tummy area - even my belly button! (Well not really me applying it, but Hubby did a good job)

As soon as I started to show, I changed the oil to Pigeon Stretch Mark cream - again Hubby would and is still applying for me, all over my tummy. Until one fine day after shower I realised that I'm getting some reddish bits at both side of my hip!!!! My first reaction was stretch mark, I thought it was some rashes or I scratched too much. I ignored them. BIG MISTAKE!!

After a couple of days, the red bits didn't go away. In fact, from the size/appearance of rashes, it got "longer." Oh no!!!!!!!!! They are Stretch Mark! Oh gosh... I never expect them to appear on my hip! I thought it's my tummy that had been and is still growing! Sigh. It was too late. I officially got stretch mark on both sides of my hip.

So reminder to all preggers out there, don't just apply your cream on your tummy. Remember your thigh, your hip, your buttock and some even around the boobs area! Though it is said that there is no 100% guarantee that the stretch mark prevention cream will work on you, but I find it helps. Because after shower when I apply then cream, I find that the redness subsides. Therefore, even if it's tiny bits of help, it's better than none right? So use stretch mark cream before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment