Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glucose Tolerance Test

Yesterday was the dreadful Glucose Tolerance Test which I dreaded because I had to fast from the night before - no supper then no breakfast!!

We were at the clinic before 8.30am, and I was feeling HUNGRY! Not long after, the nurse called me in to do the test. I saw the prick and machine all ready for me, but after a while the nurse said that Dr F ordered a blood test! I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (If you followed my blog, you will know I have a "vein" problem) I sat down waiting for nurse to do wonders and hopefully all is good.

She used the butterfly syringe at the back of my right palm. The insertion was painful but the result - instant blood flow! I am so happy to see blood flow to the syringe! Yaye! Success!

After that I thought that I can finally eat and drink! But the nurse say I need to drink up the Glucose water and still not eat/drink other things for another 2 hours! Oh gawd! Another 2 hours. My energy level is down to negative level by now. So I drank up the 300ml of super sweet water and went home to rest. I was just dead tired to do anything at that moment. Hubby suggested that we go home and rest for a while before going back to clinic 2 hours later. We went home and I went straight to bed to rest....

By 10.30am, we reached the clinic for round 2. AGAIN another blood test. I ordered my right hand, but the nurse said let's try left hand. Same thing, my blood flow so well that one poke is all the nurse needed. And I'm so happy and relieved that this is finally over! I can now go for early lunch. My energy level is beyond negative now. We had our lunch and on our way to back to office, I told Hubby I am just way too tired. So he sent me home and I slept like a baby through the afternoon.

By the time I woke up, I was feeling much better and decided to arrange the cupboard with baby's stuff, and I also unwrapped the towels and blankets putting them to wash. I just want to be ready early, in case the little one decided to come out to see the world earlier than 20.11.2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment