Thursday, September 8, 2011

He's totally showing it off!

Today's appointment was rescheduled from yesterday because we were still babymooning :)

The moment we reached clinic, the nurse saw me coming in and handed me my pee-pee container. I told hubby I didn't pee in the office earlier because I had to conserve my pee for the test! Hahaha! By the time we reached the door step, timing was perfect! After which, the nurse will take my blood pressure and weigh me. And I put on a whopping 3kg!!!!! Oh gosh, no wonder I feel so heavy! But then again it could just be my "poo weight" because I didn't do any business in the morning! (Which was proven that my poo can weigh as much as 2kgs!!!)

My turn was up soon and it's always nice to see Dr F. During the ultrasound scan, Dr F said, "Oh he's active and just did a jump!" Hahaha. He must be so happy to see Dr F too. The scan showed that he is on his back, head on the left and buttock sitting right at my bladder, and legs facing upward. Dr F explained too that sometimes the pain/numbness on my left rib is due to him pressing against my rib/stomach. Is this gonna mean that he's got a big hard head?!?! :)

I asked Dr F about sleeping position. I can't help kept asking about this because I kept reading that I must sleep on my side, left side preferably. Dr F said doesn't matter as long as I'm comfortable- which is such a relief!!! Otherwise I had to endure a pain in my rib area every night!!! No way!!

Oh he also mentioned that I should avoid using medicated plaster or muscle/heat rub. If I had to, use Vicks or 100% Eucalyptus oil. For leg cramps and restlessness, try using heat pack or microwave beanie bags. Massaging is fine as long as it's not anywhere near the uterus. So fellow preggers, try foot spa! It's awesome!!!!!

I had to ask what to do it I'm having early labor or how will I know if I'm going into labor. Dr F said, if I have cramps around the tummy area, try a hot Milo drink, take a warm shower or even soak in the tub for a while, the pain should go away. There is no need to press the panic button every time there is a twitch. Unless the cramps continues on and on for a long period of time, then it's time. If during clinic hours, call the clinic for Dr F. If after clinic hours, just go straight to the hospital! But remember not to have a meal on the way to the hospital! Haha!

Everything is good and baby is growing fine. But for my next visit, I will have to do a glucose tolerance test. What I will have to do is fast the night before (Oh no!!!!!!) and come into the clinic first thing in the morning and have a "base level" test then they will give me a glass of sweet glucose to drink. Then an hour or 2 later, come back for another test to see how it goes. Gosh... I have to fast - no food & drink!!! That is going to be tough! If it's a 2 hour test means I can only eat at 10.30am!!! Oh no!!!!!!!!! Why do they have to make a pregger starve for a glucose test, why! Why!! Why!!! :(

Well, as long as it's good for the baby and me, I shall not fear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment