Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's new in week 29

This week is week 29 and he is coming out in 10 weeks - 20th November 2011. I opted for a c-section because I have an old scar from a previous surgery that I need to get rid off! And though I applaud all mothers who went through with natural birth, I am totally not ready for one myself. The excuse of "getting rid the old scar" is just an excuse for me, really. I'm ready for the baby but I'm not ready for natural birth.

At week 29, he kicks and punches a lot. In fact, the kicks and punches are reaching my ribs and it can be quite painful at times - especially if my sitting/sleepy postures would not agree with the little one! It used to be just left side pain, since last night, even my right side is getting the excruciating pain when I was in bed! SO again back the topic of sleeping position... I cannot understand why all these readings suggesting that a pregnant woman to sleep on the side when it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to sleep on my either side. Advice to all you preggers out there: sleep whichever way you feel comfortable otherwise you will not have any sleep at all!

Though I'm getting bigger by the seconds!!!! There are 2 things getting smaller by the seconds - my bladder and my food consumption. There are times when I had just pee-pee and had to go for second in a matter of minutes apart. This is especially rampant if he is sitting on my bladder, and he just loves doing it at night! And as he grows bigger, I have less space inside left for him to move about. So my stomach made way for the little one to grow. I could hardly finish the bowl of rice I used to be able to finish. Dr F said - smaller portion, more frequent meal then. Doing so will also help those with indigestion and heartburn problem I believe. 

And what else changed physically:
- Swollen feet (On and off my feet swell)
- Stubby fingers (I had to remove my wedding band before it gets stuck!)
- Thunderous thighs (Don't even wanna talk about this)
- Fugly stretchmarks (At least they are short, 1cm)
- Hairy legs/tummy (My legs weren't hairy before!!!)
- Freckly skin (Once I get any sun, there is no stopping the freckles before, and it's only worst now)
- Running nose (The flu is not helping with the blocked nose!!)
- Backache (I get this from sleeping sometimes)

 But I have happy results so far:
- No more pimples! (Yaye! I can't even remember when was the last one!)
- Luscious hair (I shed - yes SHED is the word hubby uses - less hair)
- Never mind the weight (Who cares about the scale when you are pregnant!)
- Preggers little perks!!!! This is the best thing so far!!!! Be it within the family, or strangers on the street, everyone gives you extra special treatments :)

I might have some discomfort but so far I'm happy with the so-far-so-good-and-easy pregnancy. Besides I'm grateful for the pregnancy to happen to us after years of waiting. And I thank God for that had happened and is to happen to the rest of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment