Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Falling sick

Is falling sick on non-pregnant days easier? I think so. At least you don't have to worry about taking prescriptions that could be harmful to the life growing in you. There are certainly many medications proven or to-be-proven harmful to unborn child in you! And there is no way know if the GP prescribed the right medications for you. So it is important to go go a trusted GP when you are sick! And if you are pregnant, remember to inform the GP that you are pregnant!

I started to have sore throat and I thought it was under control with the help of Manuka Honey, Lemon and 枇杷膏. But over the weekend, it got worse - coughing came. Then on Monday night, flu came. That was is, the battle is lost and I decided to finally go see a GP on Tuesday morning. So now, in the morning I have flu and phlegm medications, then at night I have extra cough medications (I only take at night because the cough mostly affect me at night only).

Immediately after my first dosage, I felt the phlegm is slowing going away - my nose is less stuffed up and it's certainly not making me cough as much- which is good! So I continued the medications for night which include the cough, but it's not much use since I woke up every on and off to cough and sip a bit of water. In fact, I finished 450ml of water and I had to refill the bottle in the middle of the night!

But at least I find the medication is helping me, easing my flu and chesty cough. Now I just need to drink more water. And hopefully I don't need to finish the 5 days medications that doctor prescribed.

Oh I think I cough so much that my stomach muscle aches. I believe it's because each time I cough, I cringed my tummy. I even hold onto my tummy when I cough - I know the baby is well protected by the amniotic fluid, I just want him to feel better by "holding" onto him and make him feel secure. Well, that's just me :)

Tonight is movie night with hubby! Yaye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment