Monday, June 20, 2011

What changes?

When there is a new life growing in you, you are expected of the many changes to your body. So far, I have:
  • (The obvious) Ever growing tummy
  • Hairier legs & tummy area (Hahaha!)
  • Food aversion - FISH! Take the fish head AWAY from me!
  • Swollen feet - Each time they are becoming swollen, I could feel the tension starting from my calf area. So I went to the pharmacy to get these special socks to help ease the swelling and water retention.
  • Fattening finger - My wedding band ALMOST couldn't come out anymore. I had to take it out, otherwise it will be stuck and it will be too late to remove it by the time I'm due.
  • Weight gain - for the first 3 months, there was no weight gain even with the ever growing tummy. But in my 4th month, I finally put on some. I wonder if it's for real for because I have not poo for a day when the nurse weighed me!
  • Dry skin - My face is now super dry, and thankfully this is better than having outbreak! And the ever growing tummy means stretched skin and that leads to another set of itchiness!
  • (Either you love it or hate it) Growing boobs - Yes, I had to buy new bras!! They are not just bigger but are super tender and sensitive (They kinda hurt if the seat belt tension pulled against me!)
  • Stuff nose - pretty common among pregnant women apparently. This is due to the higher amount of estrogen that contributes to the overloaded production of mucous in the nose. There's even a name for it: rhinitis of pregnancy.
Now what did not change or did not happen:
  • Appetite - there is NO SUCH THING AS EATING FOR TWO! Just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you should be eating for two. In fact eating more nutritional food is the key here. And I have plenty of prenatal vitamins from Dr F that should help the baby's growth. I am now on Calcium, Iron with Folic Acid and Omega-3.
  • No cravings - so far I don't desperately crave for a certain food that I will asked hubby to drive all the way out to get for me. (I'm sure hubby is super happy about this!) And I have been telling myself to just have whatever that is available that can fill my hungriness at night especially.
  • Sleepiness - Hmmm... I'm not sure if I should categorise this as change or no change! HAHAHAH.. I have been quite a sleepyhead before, but now it's more of tiredness I guess. And hence I still LOVE sleep!
  • Morning sickness - I'm one of those lucky one who did not have this wonderful symptom. Well, there were days that I felt a bit of a nausea but not to the extend of morning sickness. So I'm THANKFUL that this is not happening to me!
  • Constipation - This is a touch and go topic. I don't really have constipation but maybe lesser output then before that's all. I could go to the bathroom up to twice a day, but not anymore. It's only once a day now, and rarely on alternate days. So nothing serious for me. The culprit is Progesterone which relaxes the muscles of the whole body and unfortunately this includes slowing down of your digestive/intestinal tract.
I'm sure along the way, there will be more new discoveries of myself! Every pregnancy is different - it is totally proven since I have no morning sickness or cravings (so far!).

No comments:

Post a Comment