Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sleeping with the baby

Ever since Andrew fell sick, coughing, he never really return to his bed. He is now permanently sleeping with us. I certainly hope he will eventually sleep in his crib - but I really doubt that is gonna happen anytime soon.

When we put him to his crib, even though we were so sure he is in deep sleep, he would instantly wake up the moment we put him down! It's as if there is a special perimeter sensor embedded somewhere alarming him whenever we move him from our bed to his crib.

And I think we both hate to see little Andrew cries. So we just let him be. Hi daddy will always say put him to his crib, let him be and cry it out. Well you see, the thing is I can't bear to see him cry. So is his softy daddy. This is also why he always end up sleeping in our bed. (And yes he is now sleeping in our bed) Attachment issue? Maybe.

I know co-sleeping in dangerous and needs to be extra careful. He refused to be "walled up" against us. He wants to touch us, even with the tip of his finger, when he sleeps. I guess he just want the assurance that we are there for him.

I am not sure if he will ever go back to his crib but slowly I will attempt. A friend of mine has an older toddler, he will not sleep in his own room but definitely not allowed on her bed. So he now sleeps with his parents, on the floor in a separate mattress.

The thing is Andrew might just hate to crib because it's more confine or even perhaps claustrophobic. I guess we have to continue trying putting him in his crib or get him a separate mattress. I have many friends who still co-sleep with their children, even if they are 10! I'm not sure if we will want that.

Well, I guess we just have to figure this out as our baby grow. He might want his crib tomorrow right? Hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment