Monday, October 14, 2013

I hope it's just roseola


Poor baby had just recovered from fever and suddenly he has red spots all over him! It's definitely not HFMD because this is mostly on his face and torso, not the limbs. It's red/pinkish, flat and not raised, so it's not chicken pox. It's not patchy, just dots, so I guess it's not hives. He didn't eat anything new for dinner, so he can't be having an allergy reaction.

I can only hope that this is roseola. Read more here:http://www.babycenter.com/0_roseola_1616.bc

It all happened when his fever subsided, I can only guess the sore throat too, no itch, maybe mild or rather very soft stool. We discovered it at his night shower which is at about 9pm, then at 11pm I checked again. His face was really bad!! Then again at 2am, his face is much better. But overall, the body isn't so bad, mostly the face.

By the morning if it's still there, we are off to see the doctor again. Sigh... Gonna be a difficult for me to sleep. I know I will be checking on the baby :(

No comments:

Post a Comment