Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Falling asleep

We have been co-sleeping for as long as I can remember. We tried putting him in the crib to train him to sleep on his own, but he kept waking up every hour and it's driving me nuts. So it was decided then he will "permanently" co-sleep with us.

He sleeps better, we sleep better, everyone wakes up happy!

As he grow bigger, it is getting tougher to "battle" him to sleep sometimes. I don't mind if afternoon he doesn't sleep but at night, I really wanted him to sleep by 9 but with the "battles" evey night, sometimes he ended up sleeping at 10pm! Not good!!

He also needs patting to fall asleep, a habit that I allowed it since young! But now I'm slowly "weaning" him off patting and letting him fall asleep by himself. So as a starter, when he is ready to sleep, I will pat him for a couple of minutes. Occasionally he will fall asleep within minutes of patting. Other times, he might need longer pat and I will pat until he is "drowsy" then I will stop to let him fall asleep on his own. And there are days that he just can't fall asleep on his own.

Well, at least he is progressing with falling asleep on his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment