Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Carrot Porridge

Technically, this is not the first time using the Beaba Babycook, I made Apple Purée for Little Andrew before this.

Yesterday was the first time I used the Babycook with rice cooker. I wasn't sure how much rice or carrot to use so it's all experimental for me and Little Andrew.

I diced up a carrot and put half back to the freezer. I use the Babycook to steam the carrot (Setting no3). And after which I leave it aside to cool. Then I prepared 1/4 cup of rice with 150ml water and steam it in the Babycook rice cooker (Setting no3) and steam it twice making sure the rice is properly cooked.

After which I blended both he carrot an the rice. I added in water from the residue of the carrot and rice since it was already boiled and probably containing the nutrients from the carrot and the rice. I didn't blend it too fine leaving some texture to it.

After blending it, I leave half for afterwards and other half I freeze it for tomorrow.

During feeding, Little Andrew lost interest half way eating. My guess was he just woke up from nap and was way pass his feeding time, he was a bit cranky. I wasn't sure was it because of the taste or rather lack of taste since I didn't add any milk to it.

Anyway, I have another half in the freezer and I will try it again. In fact, little Andrew got to try it for another couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment