Thursday, July 1, 2010

New jab starts...

Ok, had my first Suprefact jab yesterday. It was a bit of a mess. Since the jab this time is using the normal syringes, I have to hold it at the right position making sure there is no air bubble - which I failed miseably! I had to redo it a couple of times to make sure there is no air bubble. I have no idea how the nurse can get it right in the first place! At first it was just one small bubble, so tried the different techniques the nurse taught me to get rid of the air bubble... but it goes worst! I had to redo it all over again and still there is one small tiniest bubble! ARGh!!! So... in the end, I had to enroll the help of hubby. He is much better than me in this. HAHAHA.

Anyway, we got it all under control. So I jab myself... as before... PINCH & JAB! But maybe because this time I'm a bit more careful since it's syringe-type. I would prefer the pen type at anytime because it's less messy, easier to manage & most of all the needle is shorter! Anyway.... I pinch as hard as I can but when it's JAB time, the needle just won't go in. Maybe I'm afraid of needles already??? OH NO!!!!! I hope not because there are 16 more jabs to go...

So I brace myself, and slowly jab myself... And it HURTS! Since it's 0.5ml, it's a lot of liquid and it flows really slowly. It felt like ages! I was a bit scared I guess, so I was doing it slowly & inserting the liquid steadily at turtle speed I guess.

Anyway.... I did it! It wasn't pleasent but I shall prevail!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment