Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weaning round 2

Last night wasn't so tough, it took me about 15 minutes to put little Andrew to sleep. So mission was a success.

This time I cut off the whole tip of his buddy. When he put into his mouth, little Andrew can totally feel it's different. He took it out a few times and put it back and he could even put his little finger into the buddy! This happened with the lights on.

When the lights were off, I gave him his buddy again, he immediately spit it out! I tried giving again, same thing he spit it out! Alright! And so I pat him to sleep without the pacifier. He made some dissatisfied noise and cried a little but it was ok. He rolled around a bit to find his position but pretty soon found it and fell asleep after a bit of patting.

Little Andrew woke up a few times looking for his buddy so I gave him the same one, he spit it out and went back to sleep pretty easily.

Success!!!!!

And this morning, oh oh oh, is a different story! After his morning milk and shower (oh and little Andrew poo poo before that), it was time to nap. And this is totally different scenario! Like last night, I gave him the broken buddy, he realised it's the same one and threw it aside. Then comes the fury!!!! Lots of rolling, crying, standing up, sitting up, kicking, to some extend shouting and chewing his blanket/ pillows, and finally fall asleep after one hour of stun! Boy this was tougher.

I stood firm on weaning off the buddy! It was painful to see tears rolling down little Andrew's cheek but I gotta stand firm and not give in. I was by his side the whole time, cooing, singing, hugging, patting... assuring him that I'm there for him. It took an hour, but I'm glad I didn't give him and he finally fell asleep in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment